Posted: Oct 4th, 2018 10:41 am
Associate Field Technician
Under supervision, perform tasks regarding radio communication systems installation, maintenance, and repair. Diagnose and repair a wide variety of radio communication system problems.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
• Troubleshoot, Install, maintain, and repair VHF, UHF, 800 MHz Conventional, and 800 MHz analog and digital trunked voice radio communication systems.
• Install, maintain, and repair mobile electronic systems of various types, electronic radio ID systems, microwave systems, mobile data systems, 9-1-1 telephone and radio recording systems, radio alerting systems, emergency lighting and siren systems, telephone interfaces, public address systems, and various other systems.
• Quality check installations of communication systems and system components, use appropriately installed software programs to research maintenance histories, open and close work orders as required.
• Update electronic databases, write reports, create spreadsheets and uses various other software for radio equipment programming and maintenance.
• Perform other tasks when required, including after normal business hour "on-call" duties.
• Maintain base knowledge of maintenance contracts and covered items for contracted customers
• Look for opportunities to upsell time and material work, new equipment and maintenance contracts to customers
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Basic knowledge of electronics, radio communication systems, and RF theory.
• Knowledge of how to install, maintain, and repair radio communications systems, equipment, and components.
• Knowledge of computer and software systems to support maintenance and repair operations, and can instruct others to do so.
• Knowledge of applicable Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Rules.
• Knowledge of proper safety practices, procedures and regulations
• Skills in training others to repair, maintain, and install radio communications systems, equipment, and components.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with customers and other fellow employees.
• Ability to use a personal computer (IBM compatible PC), including the following software: Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to plan and organize work activities.
• Ability to work from drawings, plans, and specifications.
• Ability to trace malfunctions in electrical or electronic equipment.
• Ability to understand and use new maintenance and repair techniques and technology.
Minimum Qualifications preferred:
• Prefer 1 year of experience in radio programming
• Prefer experience with install of fixed network equipment
• Prefer experience with staging of communication equipment in a lab environment
• Prefer experience with PM process LMR communication equipment
Any candidate that is offered a position will be required to submit to a driving record check, criminal background check and drug test (in accordance with local law/regulations).In addition, Crosspoint Communications uses E-Verify.
Benefits: 401K, Profit Sharing, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, PTO, medical, dental, vision and disability (benefits based on eligibility).
Please provide your current resume and salary requirements. Pay is commensurate with experience.
Due to the volume of applicant responses to the HR department not every applicant will be contacted concerning this position.
If you feel you would be a good fit for this outstanding opportunity, please contact our Human Resources Manager: